Thursday, August 28, 2014

One Month Home - Reflection

Yesterday marks a month that we've been home from our wonderful experience in Panama. In preparation for my final blog post about our Panama mission trip I asked some of my teammates to write a couple of sentences or paragraphs of personal reflection on our trip that explained how they were impacted, what the missed most, or what God did in them over the week. Let me just say, after reading their responses I teared up. 

This first Paragraph is from one of the team members, Lauren Elliot. Throughout the week she worked very hard, had a great attitude, led all of the AMAZING devotions, and really showed compassion and love to each and every one of us. Her words below reign true. 

"As I sit here, now three weeks removed from Panama, and fully immersed in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I find myself yearning for the simplicity I left behind. You see, the best thing about our time in Panama was not the amount of work we were able to accomplish, the number of children we were able to minister to, or the physical mark we made on the country. No, if we were to measure our experience in numbers and permanent products, I dare say we would be disappointed. If we are honest with ourselves, the impact that we had was scarce to say the least. But the reality is that our efforts are nothing on their own and this trip was the full embodiment of that truth. You see, in the quiet moments of conversation with the people we joined in community with in Panama, the Lord was at work. In the reading of David and Goliath, and coloring with kids, the Lord was at work. In our broken spanish, the sharing of meals, building of houses, and laughter, the Lord was continually at work, growing His kingdom one heart at a time. And that is what I miss the most. The intentional efforts of strangers brought together by the compassion of Christ to walk together in life. To journey alongside one another, doing nothing extravagant, but doing everything with love."
-Lauren Elliot -- check out her blog here: Simply Free

Another team member of mine, Grace Pike, also wrote AN ENTIRE SEPARATE BLOG POST in response to the question i raised. Grace spent the week genuinely loving every person she came into contact with. She is one of the wisest followers of Christ that I know. Take the time, and follow this link to her blog.  Isaiah 52:7 - Grace

In closing, I want to address my team members and everyone that supported us, whether that be through prayer of financially. To all of supporters, THANK YOU. We were all so blessed by our time in Panama. I know without a doubt that your prayer and thoughts kept us safe throughout the week. Also, thank you to those of you that have taken the time to read the blog posts and stay connected with our trip. We are very thankful that we were able to share our experience with you. 

To my team members, I could never have imaged that we would become such a family during our week in Panama. I very much cherish the relationships that I was fortunate enough to make with each of you. Each of you taught me things about myself that i would have never learned if you had not been placed in my life. May each of you continue to spread the Gospel wherever life takes you. 

Love and Blessings,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment